Before you go any further, a question:
What do you think: what kind of commitments would be appropriate?
Why should you make commitments?
I WANT TO FOLLOW JESUS
- I want to actively follow Jesus every day and make sure I am spiritually healthy.
- I pray every day for my younger brother/sister. I pray that Jesus will change our lives, relationships, neighbourhood and country, and I am aware that I depend on Him for lasting change.
- I invite my younger brother/sister to join me in church.
I INVEST IN MY YOUNGER BROTHER OR SISTER
- I meet my younger brother/sister every week.
- As a 'group of 5' we meet every month.
- I am available for my younger brother/sister.
- I want to be a good role model for him/her.
- I am willing to live sacrificially for the sake of my younger brother/sister
I AM AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO MY YOUNGER BROTHER OR SISTER
- I speak in love (for God is love) and seek to be a source of encouragement. This is especially true for my younger brother/sister, but also for others around me: family, friends and people in my neighbourhood.
I PROTECT MY YOUNGER BROTHER OR SISTER
- I make sure that I am not only mentally but also physically healthy and encourage my younger brother/sister to be so.
- I promise never to use violence against my younger brother/sister and I promise to protect him/her from violence.
- In times we go through together we do not withdraw alone, but we are always with others and others can see us.
- I promise to protect my younger brother/sister from sexual abuse and promise to report abuse immediately.
- I am fully responsible for what I do with my younger brother/sister. The parents/caretakers of my younger brother/sister and also the pastor(s)/leader(s) in the church where I belong may call me to account for this.
I WANT TO GROW (TOGETHER WITH MY YOUNGER BROTHER OR SISTER) IN DISCIPLESHIP
- I work together with my younger brother/sister on the challenges of Alongsiders Europe.
- We do our best to visit the events of Alongsiders Europe together.